Welcome to my Work it Wednesday series and as you can see from the title, it’s all about lashes today.
Ok here’s a little secret about me: I can’t leave the house without mascara closely followed by foundation/concealer. Mascara gives me life. No exaggeration.
Point of this post?? I’d love to share some of my favourite mascara tips and tricks as well as my holy grail products for lashes. Don’t be shy, leave some of your tips in the comments below. I’ll definitely try them out.
What do I use most often? I loooove my L’Oreal Telescopic – the one in the black packaging. I believe there is a gold as well. It retails from R170,00-R200,00 at your local Dischem, Clicks, Edgars, Foschini, Red Square and Stuttafords.
I use the L’Oreal telescopic on it’s own or in conjunction with the Clinique High Impact Mascara (R285,00) depending on how extraaaa dramatic I’m feeling on a particular day 😉
The wands on these mascaras differ from each other therefore, individually, they serve a particular purpose in my routine. The Telescopic has an extremely thin wand/bristles which perfectly coats and lengthens every lash. This brush size is also perfect for adding drama to your lower lash line without any smudging. The High Impact mascara has a regular wand that I use to add volume to the base of my lashes. This combination is so good that I now only feel the need to wear liner on special occasions. I’ve tried a couple Maybelline mascaras but nothing compares to the Telescopic!!! Maybe I’ve tried the wrong one’s?? What do you use??
My top tips and tricks:
- We’re all guilty of popping in our mascara wands and removing more product in one swift motion. This actually causes air bubbles and dries out the product in your tube. Give your wand a little twirl in the tube for a couple seconds before removing the wand again.
- Heat your lash curler with a hair dryer before use for longer lasting lashes.
- Wiggle your brush at the base of your lashes for more volume and extra lasting power. Coating your lashes evenly weighs down the tips of the hairs causing your lashes to straighten out after some time so go a bit extra on that base. I’m getting a bit too into the science right now hey ??? It’s the engineering side of me 😦
- Coat both sides of your lashes for extra thickness.
- If you notice a smudge, let the product dry before scraping it off with a cotton swab. It’s much easier to remove when dried unlike eyeliner.
- Hold your brush vertically for a natural look.
- Dust a teeny weeny bit of baby powder in between your first and second coat for clumpy/thicker lashes.
- I love using rose water to remove eye makeup (especially mascara) because it’s extremely soothing and all natural.
I have never used false lashes but I am willing to now give it a try and see what all the fuss is about 😀 Leave your suggestions in the comments below?? Please.
Hope you enjoy this Work it Wednesday. What would you like to see next Wednesday??